Thursday, July 2, 2009

Secret Cursing

We were so excited to be able to go to Eric's family reunion this year. It was luckily right before Aspen Grove, so we were able to combine it all into one trip. That makes it sound easy. Here is what we actually did. We all flew out to California and Eric flew back the next day. I stayed for a week and a half with my family, then drove to Saint George with my Mom. Eric drove to St. George from Nebraska and met us there, then we all drove to Zion's National Park for the reunion. After the reunion we drove up to Provo Canyon for my reunion, and Eric flew back to Nebraska 3 days later. Eric then flew back to Salt Lake on Saturday (5 days later) and we all drove home on Sunday. So "combining" is really a misnomer. Crazy hard? Yes! Worth it? Yes!
One thing that was especially gratifying to me was seeing Ella ride an actual horse for the first time. She looks SO much like I did at that age, but she is 100% Stott in personality. Or at least I thought she was. Turns out she has a deep love of horses that I also share. She was in heaven. She never wanted to get off of Whiskey (the horse, not the drink)Ethan also had fun riding horses and the kids went as many times as they could. Ella managed to talk her way onto 5 rides, and Ethan rode 3 times.For some reason Alan, my father-in-law, went out to be one with the animals. Cheryl called him the "cow whisperer."Eric got to play volleyball, so he was super happy. It was awesome to see how good he still is. They kept trying to get me to play, but I knew what would happen if I did : The ball would come close to me, and I would completely miss it, they would all be nice on the outside, but secretly they would be cursing me in their heads. I know his family. You may think I'm joking, but you would be wrong.

No comments: