Saturday, December 5, 2009

10 Reasons I Love Disneyland

Disneyland, oh how I love thee, let me count the ways...
1. How we have to ride on Dumbo at the very beginning, because the kids love it, and if we don't go on it first then we have to wait 2 hours to ride a plastic elephant around and around until I feel like puking. I'll wait 15 minutes to feel like I need to vomit, but not 2 hours.
2. Having to force my 6 year old to ride rides. Well, I admit it, they are scary ones. Ethan went on Splash Mountain and Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Railroad for the first time this trip. Ella had been on Splash Mountain before, but not the other two. She also got to ride Indiana Jones for the first time. Ethan came off the rides saying "I am never going to do that again!" were as Ella was shouting "Let's go again!"
3. Churros, or as Ella says "cheerios." I love churros. I could eat 7 (in fact I have eaten 7 on one trip, but that was when I was 13 and could do things like that). It is tradition to buy and eat as many churros as we can. Even Livi loved her first churros and kept trying to steal more.
4. People watching. There are some weird people out there. I have to admit this trip took the cake for all time weird people watching experience. We were in line for Winnie the Pooh, and the people ahead of us took the name a little too literally. After taking this photo, we turned around and someone had set up a little kid porta potty and was having their toddler use it. I am all for consistency in potty training, but maybe a trip to Disneyland should be an exception.
5. Having all the people around me that I love. No one ever skips a trip to Disneyland if they can possibly go, so it's a time when we are all together and having fun. We were so lucky to have all the family, and Julia's friend Cara, with us this time. We were a BIG group, but it was fun to see people's faces when we told them there were 14 in our group that needed to be seated near each other. We had a whole boat on It's a Small World to ourselves.
6. Seeing my kids experience things that I grew up with. Ethan and Ella found the sword in the stone for the first time this trip, and it was fun seeing them trying to pull it out. They loved the story about when Andrew actually got to pull it, and was king for a day.
7. How the same ride, at the same time can be so different to two people. We all went on Autopia together, but our rides were so different. Ella got to steer and our road was a bumpy, laugh filled adventure. Ethan and Eric were in another car. Ethan looked stressed out by the responsibility of driving, where as Eric had, had his own adventure. He was next to John Voight, the actor, and his granddaughters and the two cars were "racing."
8. How everyone tries to be thoughtful of others there. Strangers are nice. Parents try to help each other out, and our own family tries harder. Mom and Dad were so great. Not only did they treat us to this wonderful experience, but more often than not they were sitting out rides with Livi and Ebby. Thank you.
9. How goofy we all are. It's funny how you start taking hundreds of pictures of people and they start making weird faces!
10. How great my kids sleep that night. Everyone was so worn out none had a problem sleeping the night before Thankmus.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Great post! We are going to Disneyland next week and this made me so so so excited to go. Any tips for preschoolers at Disney? Lily is still pretty puny so I don't think she can go on any of the big rides, although, I think she would like them.
Your family is so cute. All of them.

Joan said...

I love Ella's smile while driving the car. Why couldn't she have smiled like that for the portrait. Maybe we should take our portrait at Disneyland next time. LOL