Friday, December 4, 2009

Livi and the Kitty


Our next door neighbors have a kitty that loves my kids, and when he sees us outside he runs to his kitty door and comes over to play with them. Livi and I walked out to say goodbye to Ella as she climbed into the Bagley's car to go to preschool, and out the kitty came. For some reason, he either has no nerves in his back, or he is willing to let Livi "pet" him over and over. We spent about 20 minutes outside grappling with the ever patient kitty, and then headed for the door. The kitty, whom I will now dub "Ginger" for ease of typing, started following us in. I had to wrangle the door, the baby, and Ginger, but finally we were all on the sides of the door I deemed appropriate. Unfortuantely Livi and Ginger disagreed with me. They sat, longingly staring at each other through the door. Livi would put her little hand up to the door, and Ginger would put his paw up. They would sit and then stand, and then sit together. They spent about 10 minutes at the door before I felt we should close the door, and by the screams of protest inside, and the mews from outside, I think they could have spent another couple hours at the door.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Sounds like you need a kitty of your own.