Tuesday, December 22, 2009

For Time and All Eternity


Well, we survived. We drove all day Friday, spent all day Saturday with wedding things, and then came home on Sunday. It was one of the busiest, craziest, but best weekends ever. I am so happy I could be there when my little brother married his sweetheart. Jes is truly awesome and I am grateful she is my sister-in-law! Here are some highlights from the wedding:
I love being with my family, but this picture really hits home the Sesame Street song "one of these things is not like the other." (the giant is me, the other two are my cute mom and tiny sister) Livi loved the temple, more specifically she loved sitting on it. The reception was at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, which is always beautifully decorated for Christmas. Ella loved posing in front of the tree, Ethan not so much. Livi is always a surprise to me. She is just as much a pretty princess as Ella. The girls loved their dresses, and gold shoes, and pranced around all night. Ethan didn't prance so much as goof around. We had the best seat in the house at our table. Temple Square is so pretty at night during Christmas and we got to enjoy it, all while being warm, comfortable, and eating a yummy meal. By the end we were all tuckered out, I think Livi's look is basically about how we all felt. It was a truly wonderful day, and I only wish I had more pictures of Jes and James (I only have the low light, grainy one at the beginning) so if anyone reading this has one please email some to me.

1 comment:

Joan said...

You are right, the view of temple square was breathtakingly beautiful from our reception table. What a beautiful time of year to get married, and what a beautiful couple James & Jes are. It was so great to see you and your family again!