Monday, December 14, 2009

The Amazing Race (but not really since Dad let everyone catch up)


My dad is a man of many talents. One is trying hard to help people have fun experiences. This year, after Thankmus, my dad (with a some help from my mom) set up the most awesome game. Most of us are big fans of The Amazing Race on tv, so my dad set up The Amazing Race: Antelope Valley Edition. Dad had clues, roadblocks, the whole nine yards, with lots of fun activities for us. We took videos of most of the tasks (driving remote control cars and helicopters, feeding ducks at Apollo Park, shooting at targets) but for this particular activity we had to take still photos. We had to make our way to the exotic feline breeding compound in Rosamond and take photos of teammates with the different breeds of cats. I wish we had more time to spend there. I had lived in the Antelope Valley for 10 years and never visited, and it was much cooler than I expected. If anyone reading this lives there, go visit, it's worth it!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How fun! We did something similar for Youth Conference for our ward last year and it was so much fun.