Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mom and Dad Were Hiding This From Me

Livi has finally discovered the great outdoors. By great outdoors I mean our 8000 square foot lot, but when you are barely over 2 feet tall, that's a lot of space to explore. Last summer she was still a tiny baby, and all winter we were pretty snowed in, so now that Spring has sprung we have been spending more time playing in the yard. Livi screams every time we come in. The look on her face is accusatory almost as if she is saying "You have been keeping THIS from me! What the heck!). She is a natural swinger, holding on like a pro. I was trying to get some leaves raked up when I looked over and she had climbed the climbing wall side of the swing set and was sitting poised to go down the slide. She looked at me, almost like she was daring me, and as I started to run over to her she launched herself down the slide. She is only 17 months old, and she just went down like it was nothing. She rocketed off the end and landed on her bottom, but got up and laughed so hard I thought she would fall over again. Now it is all I can do to make sure she goes down safely, forget about actually getting something done outside!

2 comments:

Pam said...

How did your search go the other day? Livi is like our Kady. Completely fearless when it has to do with outdoors stuff.

Joan said...

The visual of Livi going down that slide like a dare devil cracked me up. Can't wait to see you all again.