Monday, March 15, 2010

Need a Good Laugh? Ethan to the Rescue

I was cleaning off my counter (I know, shocker) when I encountered some of Ethan's drawings that I had set aside. He is such a prolific drawer (I threw away about 100 pictures just from that last couple of days, I am a bad mom, but I just can't keep them all) but these were some I had really got a kick out of.
The first is a food store in the middle of the jungle. It is run by an ocelot and has food in bins at the bottom for bunnies, gerbils, and hamsters (yes, even gerbils in the jungle have to eat). In the middle of the store is the food for the carnivores, with bones and meat for their enjoyment. At the top is my favorite, a chalkboard with the specials of the day written on it. For this week the specials are: Sunday - Meat, Monday - Bones, Tuesday - Everything. Awesome!
The second picture is of the X-Men. Ethan was playing with a Wolverine toy he's had for a while and started asking about the other X-Men. He has an X-Men backpack so he knew a few, but he wanted to know more. He would ask about their hair and powers, and came up with there interpretations of them. From left: Beast, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, and Professor X. The third picture is a scene that Ethan thought would happen in one of the X-Men movies. Storm and Wolverine are talking to Professor X. The 2nd frame at the bottom has Wolverine ask "Could we get some pe..pep...siep?" Ethan said he stuttered because he was nervous. I can just wee a nervous Wolverine asking for permission to get some Pepsi, can't you? (Don't know why Ethan is obsessed with Pepsi. We don't drink Pepsi, he's never had it, but for some reason whenever he talks about soda it is always Pepsi. He's even told people I love Pepsi, but I think he means root-beer. That's a great conversation at church!)

1 comment:

Joan said...

Ethan has quite the imagination.