Monday, March 22, 2010

Nothing says kidnapping and slavery like wearing green

So we were having a fun Saint Patrick's Day (confused about the title, look it up, he's not even Irish), and thought I would share some of our fun through pictures. Ella and I painted our fingernails green. Ella made sure everyone had green on their clothes. It was her own version of the "green police." We had lots of green food too: Green Naniamo Bars 7-Layer Jello with Green on top (thank you Melissa!). For dinner I made green crust for pizza. Ella loved all the green at the beginning of the day, but by the end was asking "why does everything always have to be green..." in a nice whiny voice. Poor Bell. They need a day when everything is Pink (Valentines doesn't count because there is too much red, according to Ella).

3 comments:

proudmamablogga said...

Also, could you send me recipes for all three of your St. Patricks day foodstuffs? Looks so yummy and fun.

The Bassetts said...

Your naniamo bars look so good! I might have to do that soon. I can't believe how big Livi is, she was just a baby when we left. Hope you are doing well.
Carissa

Lindsey said...

That jell-o looks so cool! Did it take forever to do all the layers? I also remember those naniamo bars... yum. What a fun mom you are. I'm sure your kids just act like they like Eric better :) It could have something to do with limiting chocolate and tv. I'm the grinch of fun stuff at our house, too.