Friday, April 1, 2011

April's Fool


I am not a fan of practical jokes. I don't like feeling foolish. Eric has been very respectful of this, so he was excited to take advantage of the kids being a little older this year and trying a small April Fools joke.
When the kids were eating breakfast Eric announced "Kids, I got a little angry last night while I was playing Mario and I threw the DS againt the wall. It broke, sorry."
There was a stunned silence in the kitchen.
Ethan looked around, trying to figure out what was going on.
Ella started bawling.
Eric said "Just kidding, April Fools."
Ethan laughed.
Ella kept bawling.
Eric tried to tell her it was all a joke.
Ella said "Why would you say something so mean?"
I guess she takes after me.

4 comments:

Julia said...

I'm the exact same way, I hate April Fool's because I'm so gullible and I look like a moron all day. By the by, Ella is getting more gorgeous by the day, and when did Ethan lose his front two teeth??

Joan said...

I totally forgot it was even April Fools Day today. Sorry that Ella took it so bad. You will have to forgive Eric...he's not used to others being sensitive to jokes. Nobody in our family ever got offended by things like that. I'm sure he will be more careful from now on. HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

Anonymous said...

Drats! I forgot about April Fools. I like to play jokes on Galen but he won't on me because he knows I'd start crying. The worst thing I've done is replace the cereal in his cereal box with jelly beans. Maybe Ella would like that one :)

Nikki S said...

I would LOVE that one! What a good idea Jayne! Nice April Fool jokes, we'll try that next year.