Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Good Day... or Doughnuts Make Everything Better

So, I have been a little melancholy. With a general lack of purpose and growing sense of dread to be stuck in a town that, although nice, has nothing to offer but occasional movies and two places to eat, I have been feeling a little down. A week ago was one of those days that remind you that life if beautiful, and I wanted to share two highlights:

I normally spend every Thursday morning helping in Ethan's classroom. They have writing homework due that morning and there are about 7 that never seem to bring it back. I just sit and help them get it done.

When I went last Thursday they had a surprise: a Thank You Party for me. They had all signed a card and we got to eat doughnuts and drink orange juice while watching part of Charlotte's Web. I don't do much, but it felt nice to know I had helped them in some way and that they appreciated it. The kids were very cute, and I got lots of hugs.
Later that afternoon Ella had her class Easter party. The kids were excited and it was just fun to see the pureness of their happiness. It was a real mood booster to watch this:

1 comment:

Julia said...

I know how you feel about being stuck in a small town. We don't even have a dollar theater, how lame is that? But you are an amazing sister, wife, and mom, I hope I'm half as good as you someday.