Saturday, April 9, 2011

What Is Wrong With This State?


Well, chalk one up to bad parenting. I could call it a "cultural misunderstanding" but that would be passing the buck. I should have checked it out, I should have asked, but I didn't. I did the heinous act of signing my BOY up for VOLLEYBALL. Gasp. I know, what was I thinking?

I was thinking that Volleyball is a bigger boys sport than girls in California, where we grew up. I was thinking he would enjoy a sport were people weren't running directly at him. I was thinking it would be fun for Eric and Ethan to practice together.

I sent the guys off together for Ethan's first volleyball practice. A little while later I got a text from Eric saying "He is the only boy on ANY team. What is wrong with this state?" Poor Ethan, poor Eric. Luckily Ethan is too young to be embarrassed about it and Eric just was happy to have a son to play the game with. Ethan seemed to really enjoy it, and is excited to go back again next week. Yeah, a sport he likes! I guess it is worth it to be so out of the loop if it makes him happy.On the bright side, at least he's not on one of the pink or purple teams.

ps when they got home Ethan took off his shoes and Eric noticed this in his shoes: I don't know how you don't notice walking on all of that, but it just goes to show how oblivious little boys can be.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh no. Hopefully no one will make him feel bad about being the only boy. It's good that it doesn't seem to bother him though.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your state is ahead of the times-go Ethan! That shoe is something else...makes my feet hurt.