Saturday, January 28, 2012

Failing At Almost Everything

I made it one week with my New Years Resolution to not drink soda anymore, but then we had pizza. How can you eat pizza without root beer? You can't. So a big fail there.

I wanted to buy either a X-box with a kinnect sensor or an elliptical to get more exercise, but it turns out our dryer died so it's good I didn't rush into buying one of those. A big fail on that.

I wanted to get dressed every day. I know this sounds stupid, but when the only places I ever go are to drop off the kids at school and Walmart it is hard to get motivated to put on a blouse. On Thursday I put on a really cute dress with jeggings underneath because I was helping in Ella's class. The second I got home I took it all off and put on my "comfy" clothes (ie a t-shirt and velor sweat pants, because I'm just that fancy). It is pretty sad when you think jeggings are too restrictive that you have to take them off the second you get home.

I wanted to feel like I was accomplishing something, but I've been sick all but 4 days of the new year. Hard to feel like you are doing anything when mostly you sit on the couch, trying to breathe, drinking hot chocolate all day.

I wanted to be a more positive person, so here it goes. I am going to try to not fail on this last resolution:

Eric has to give up soda and basically everything yummy, plus exercise more, in order to lower some levels to qualify for our health insurance. On the bright side I should probably re-give up soda and exercise more with him. We can all work together to be healthier. (I may still have root beer with pizza, though. I'm not crazy!)

I bought a dance game for the Wii and we've had a lot of fun sweating and dancing as a family. The weather may warm up in the next couple of months and we can start walking more and riding bikes.

I did get dressed to go to Ella's class. I still get gussied up for Church. When I go out to places (and even Walmart sometimes) I try not to look like the pajama people. So on this bright side I'm still trying. Maybe next week I'll try a whole day with no sweats!

Today is actually one of the few days I feel ok. I danced with Ella and Eric. I'm going to work on the Tudor Home for my Christmas village, I'm posting on the blog. Maybe I'll go see a movie by myself. I WILL make dinner if it kills me. I will feel like I did something worthwhile. And if I don't...well on the bright side, there is always tomorrow.

And now for something to brighten your day. Ethan found "Darth Maul Yourself" on the Star Wars website and I thought these two turned out particularly well (Livi's was cute too but she cries every time she sees it).

No comments: