Saturday, January 21, 2012

Never Ending Birthday, fa la la la la la la la la

I can't believe how big Ethan is getting. So trite, but so true. Birthday number 9. Geesh. Now I love a big celebration for birthdays and Christmas, but I am not the Dursleys. I don't do 37 presents and 1 more than last year, but it kind of seemed like the birthday that just kept giving (or it could be the elephant strength antibiotics I was taking distorted everything).

Here are some highlights of the never ending birthday celebration: Morning time and Eric manages to get me out of bed in time to open gifts before school. Livi was a little confused as to why none of the gifts were for her, but was mollified that she had a birthday in October (as if she knew how far or close that was). We took chocolate cupcakes to school (because Nebraska rocks and we can still bring homemade treats!) and after school there was a pile of presents the mail man and UPS man brought for Ethan from grandparents. Casey, my parents dog, even sent him $1.01 in his card! What a nice dog. That evening we ordered pizza and had the Bagleys over for dinner and cake. (I know the picture is awful, but I loved the silly look on all the kid's faces). And if this last picture is a little smokey looking that is because Ethan blew out the candles, we asked what he wished for and he looked at us with a blank face. He had forgotten you get to make a wish! So we re-lit the candles and he had another go. You'd think on the 9th one you'd remember something like free wishes!

No comments: