Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'll Be Home (Disneyland) For Christmas

It is not Christmas if I don't get to walk down Main Street, see all the beautiful decorations and hear the piped Christmas music over the speakers. Do I want to live in Celebration, Florida? No, because it is in Florida, duh. Would I live in a Disney dictatorship somewhere (anywhere) else? Absolutely!

This year was no different, and we were once again blessed to be able to go enjoy the season, Disney-style. Looking through the pictures we took there, there was a real lack of Christmas-ey photos. So here is our mostly Pirate themed Christmas trip to Disneyland:

We did have a new and exciting experience when we first arrived in Anaheim. I don't know if it was the fact Livi was vomiting in the seat behind me, or the tiredness I had from just arriving in California, but somehow I missed the branch off to go to our hotel and ended up at Disneyland. The part of Disneyland that leads right into the parking garage and there is no way to turn around. To further compound my embarrassment I was the lead car, so Andrew and Joy followed me right up to the parking attendant. When I explained the situation the worker was very nice, and promptly slapped a bright pink billboard on my windshield that announced to everyone that I didn't know how to drive. It gave me access to a "special" exit for "special" people like me. We started calling it "The Tag of Shame."

We eventually made it to our hotel, enjoyed Downtown Disney, and ate way too few beignets. The next day was DISNEYLAND!!!

Ella was a good "mother" and wanted to constantly help with Ebby. We sat together on the train and she held his hand during the "scary" parts.

We were lucky to get reservations at the Blue Bayou, the restaurant inside the Pirates ride, and it was so exciting Livi promptly fell asleep. I guess she finds dark interiors and quiet cricket and water noises soothing. Hmmmm, who'd have guessed. We also went over to the island-formerly-known-as-Tom-Sawyer-but-is-now-pirate-themed and wandered around for a while. Ebby loved the barrel bridges, and doesn't my mom look like she's enjoying herself too?

No comments: