Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Crazy Cows Cause Cheerful Calamity - Updated with better quality video (hopefully)

Heard at dinner tonight:
Eric: What do you get when Casey goes swimming?  Hairy Water
Ethan immediately responded: What do you call Chewbacca making a bowl?  Hairy Potter

Ella's second grade program was last week, and boy did she love being a part of it.  She is definitely not scared to perform in front of people, and she spent the weeks leading up to the program singing songs, practicing her part, and asking everyone how excited we were to go see the program.  They have a great music teacher, who has brought some great new programs, so I actually was pretty excited.

As I have mentioned before people in Scottsbluff have the tendency to attend every program, recital, meet, or clothes fitting that their second cousin's mother's boyfriend's neice is involved in.  I knew we would need to get to the school early, and Ella had to be there early anyways, so I thought 15 minutes would be plenty of time to get an okay seat.  I was expecting front row, but I was under the impression I would get a seat.  I was wrong.

By the time we got there every single seat was taken.  Every single one.  One man told me, like I couldn't tell, that the room was full.  His wife also stated that I should have shown up earlier.  I may have asked in a petulant tone "What do you want me to do?  Go home? Miss my daughter's program?"  Now I know there are multiple classes, but even if every child had both parents, and step parents, and 3 siblings in attendance there should have been room.  The problem is all 8 (including step) grandparents, all 30 cousins and all 15 aunts have to be there too.  I shouldn't complain.  If my parents lived closer I would ask if they wanted to come, but when space is limited and people treat me like I am an idiot I tend to get testy.

Eventually we squeezed into a spot on the floor, behind a speaker, to the side, but we could see Ella, so I guess it was fine.  It was also mercifully short, since I don't think Eric or I could have taken much longer sitting on the linoleum. The title was "Barn Yard Moosical" and Ella was a very cute cow.  She is on the top row (of course) and has a little too much attitude in the first song.  It made me laugh with delight, and a little bit of fear:
Here is her saying her part.  Maddi says "Most Cows are known for their milk and their butter." Then Ella says "But we're dancing cows and we're like no udder." (Just so you know what they were saying).

1 comment:

Sharonbees said...

Much better video! There's no doubt that Ella has rhythm.