Thursday, May 17, 2012

Non-Traditional Birthday Cake

Well, my birthday was Tuesday, and all in all it was pretty awesome.  I got up early, opened presents, went to breakfast with Eric and Livi, worked out, went out to lunch and ate a burger and fries (sooooo good) and generally vegged (and worked on Ella's cake) in the afternoon.

The mailman (or should I call him the gift-fairy) brought me a very welcome box of chocolate covered strawberries.  I decided since I was baking a big cake, sugar cookies and cupcakes for Ella's multiple celebrations the strawberries would be a stand in for my own cake.  Since it is hard to get a candle to stay up in strawberries, I pulled out a little sugar cookie dough and we feasted on our treats, and probably gave ourselves diabetes.
I had just taken a shower.  I normally look better...like when my hair isn't slicked back, and I'm wearing makeup.  Giant forehead anyone?
A few highlights:
My parents dog, Casey, sends everyone birthday cards.  Last year I got the all time low of  $0.26.  Everyone else got at least a dollar.  I know it shouldn't matter, it's a pretend birthday card from my parents dog, it's only a dollar, but I felt a little jipped.  This year Casey sent me ....wait for it... $0.12  (2 days later Ella got a dollar).


I also noticed that Casey's writing is starting to look more and more like the zombie notes from Plants vs. Zombies.


Also, Livi dancing at breakfast:

2 comments:

Julia said...

Happy birthday, again! And /Livi is so freaking funny!

Holly said...

Happy Be-lated!
The strawberries look delicious!
I'm sorry about the .12. That just isn't right ;)