Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm Not Sure What This Means...

Today I was greeted with some beautiful flowers and some wonderful homemade cards.  Both cards were wonderful.  They made me happy, and laugh, but on further inspection I was a little worried that maybe my parenting strengths are actually weaknesses.


Ella made a book "All About My Mom."  She knows me pretty well... 
The part I am not so sure about...

 I'm glad it wasn't something like My mom gets mad when ...I don't clean up, or I talk too loud, or something about her.  I am a little worried that she picked up on how hard I can be on myself.  I don't want her growing up more stressed out about perfection than she already is.  Aaarrrrggghhhh.  Parenting can be tricky.

Ethan went in another direction.

 He wrote the comic book version of a Mother's Day Card.
 My favorite (made me laugh, but also worried) part is the elves from around the world.  I'm not going to be specific, but I'm a little worried that either Ethan watches too much Japanimation or that he is very culturally insensitive.  Neither one is a win.

I loved both cards.  I love all my kids.  I hope that is what they remember when they are my age (and not my constant whining and panic attacks).

1 comment:

Julia said...

Love the cards! Though I'm not really sure why they even included a "My mom gets mad when. . ." section. Maybe trying to sniff out abusive parents?