Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ella's Dace-O-Rama, or This Well Be Twice As Fun Next Year

It is that wonderful time of year when Ella's dance office has their yearly recital.  Last year was amazingly... in depth.  This year is, luckily, a low key year (they do a "high" show every other year).  We can't record or take photos during the actual recital (they make professional DVDs for us to buy), but we are allowed to tape during the dress rehearsal.


Ella has 3 dances this year; a tap, a jazz/ballet, and...hip hop.  Yep.  My German/English decent, green eyed, from Nebraska little girl is in love with hip hop.  Oh well, if she loves it! In this one she starts out on the back row, 3rd or 4th from the right and moves to the first one in the front row. Here she is on the front row, second from the right. Here is hip hop. She is on the front row, farthest on the right, in the purple and white stripped tank top.
Pretty cute for a gangsta
With Jade Painter from our ward.


Some of the Tap/Ballet Combo classes had one piece rompers for their costume.  I think we really lucked out!

Livi had a hard time watching Ella get prepared for her dress rehearsal (big shocker). She wanted makeup on too. I tried putting a little gloss on her, but as I left she was still in tears over not having "red enough" lips. Today, after the track meet (more to come) we went into my bathroom and she found the dreaded gloss again and asked (insisted) to have it on again. It still wasn't "red enough." Throwing in my good-mom towel I decided to give her "red enough" lips. I took my red lip liner and drew on bigger lips, filled them in, and then topped them with the red gloss. I think they were red enough for her then...







4 comments:

Julia said...

Is it totally weird that I'm jealous of a seven year old? Wait, Ella's seven, right? Now I'm unsure. Anyway, she's got MOVES! She's going to have to teach me some of those moves in California!

Sharonbees said...

Ella was terrific, especially in hip hop! And I love Livi's red, red lips.

Anonymous said...

Such talent!
and...
I wish I had Livi's lips, ha! :)

Joan said...

If Ella keeps this up she could be on "So You Think You Can Dance" in a few years. She is great! I loved every dance. Great job Ella!