Monday, April 27, 2009

Apples and Oranges, or Adventures in Swimming

It is amazing to me how two children can have the same parents, the same upbringing and still be so different. Ethan and Ella are so awesome in their own ways, but here is one difference I don't really get. Ethan is my cautious, more reserved child. Ella is my thrill seeker. While at the hotel the kids got to go swimming (a rarity when you live in Scottsbluff) and Eric was playing with them in the water. Here are videos showing what they wanted Eric to do.

If you can't tell, Ella wanted to go as high as possible, and Ethan didn't want to go up at all. Eric persuaded him by telling him he wouldn't let go at all. I guess after I left Ethan warmed up to the situation and was actually jumping off the side of the pool by himself. It just takes him a little bit more time to realize the fun possibilities, where as Ella can see them immediately.

No comments: