Saturday, April 18, 2009

Girly Girl


I've already mentioned how girly Ella is, and today we got to celebrate that. Ella REALLY needed a haircut, but was scared I would make her cut her "princess" hair short. I assured her she could keep it long, but still she was resistant to going to get a trim. I decided to play off her love of all things girly and offered her a trip to the nail salon to get her nails painted if she would get her hair trimmed willingly. Of course she accepted and was SOOOO excited. We got our hair trimmed, and headed to the nail salon, but unbeknownst to us every nail salon in town was booked today. Fortunately Ella is flexible, so we got lunch at Subway together, played ski-ball at the arcade, picked out new fingernail polish, and went home and did our own nails. I loved having a Mommy/Ella day, and I think she had fun too (but sometimes it's hard to tell)!

Eating at Subway (her choice) for lunch.

At the arcade we also double teamed the car game. Ella steered and I worked the pedals.


Showing off our pretty nails. Ella picked out our colors. She has sparkly, pink nails (naturally) and I now have sparkly BLUE nails. She looks unhappy because it took 8 pictures to get one where I didn't look like I had 4 chins, and she thought we had taken enough photos (I still couldn't put one of her smiling and me looking like I weighed 1000 lbs, sorry Ella).

2 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like a great girl's day out. Lucky Mom, lucky daughter. Thanks for sharing so I can keep posted on your darling family.
Love,
Aunt Susan

The Stutzmans said...

How cute is this!! I was supposed to take Rebekah to get her ears pierced on a mother daughter day. She was so excited about it until Jason decided to tell her how horrible it would be, now she says she is never getting them done-
And I would have done the same thing with the chins. Our family pics are based upon which ever one- I look best in...