Sunday, March 13, 2011

And The Nerdy Part Of Me Rejoices

For a long time now we have known that Ethan take more after my family than Eric's. He is not as athletically inclined as Eric's family, and he loves to read, draw, and make imaginary worlds, like my family. I had tried in the past to introduce Ethan to the world of Star Wars but about halfway through the movies he would loose interest. His interest has peaked lately since finding some kids books based on the cartoon, and having friends at school that LOVE it. He started playing a LEGO version video game and getting toys with his allowance.
yes, that is Boba and Jenga Fett holding an armless C3PO at gun point and getting him to jump off the kitchen counter.

During "the sickness" (as it shall now be known) we watched a lot of movies and I remembered I finally got Star Wars on Dvd a few years ago. I plopped it in the player and Ethan sat transfixed THE ENTIRE TIME.

I am so proud.

As a post script we made it through the first (second?) three, finishing with Return of the Jedi today after church. Ella even sat through that one (although she did start reading books until the Ewoks showed up).

My favorite Ella comment of the day: While Leah is in her slave bikini "Mom, she looks soooooooo pretty." Yes Ella, I think Daddy (and all men) would agree.

No comments: