Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Auctions Are Dangerous

Thank you to everyone who wrote and provided so much support for me with the last post. I felt truly loved and supported. You are all funny, amazing, caring women and I am lucky to have you in my life.

That being said, maybe I do have a shopping problem. :) We had the ward auction on Saturday (maybe that is why we had the lesson on Sunday) to raise money for our Young Men and Young Women to go to camps this summer. Not only did we make 2 different desserts to auction, Eric was the only YM leader that could go (he's not even technically in the YM though) so he had to set up, clean up, and help run things. Plus I took it upon myself to help inflate the bids a little and get some items started.
We ended up with 2 jars of salsa, Spiderman pillow cases, 2 young men to help in the yard, one of the leaders to help put in new toilets, a dozen cinnamon rolls, some of my own cupcakes (Ella really wanted them) and a balloon swan, a balloon frog, and a balloon umbrella (not very useful in the rain we decided).

Toward the end of the auction Eric turned to me and asked "should I auction off a will?" I said sure and so he went up. He ended up with the single highest item sold! The youth raised a ton of money, we ate way too many yummies, and we were able to enjoy the 3 balloon for about a hour before they popped. Money well spent.

No comments: