Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dancing Queen...s (to be said like Keanu Reeve...s)

I'm a little loopy from medicine but I wanted to post these videos for grandmas real quick. Thursday Ella had "parent watch day." Eric was in Lincoln arguing before the State Supreme Court so I "got" to take Livi and Ethan with me. Ethan grumped the whole time about not wanting to be there, but Livi had the exact opposite reaction, it was all I could do to keep her off of the dance floor.
Here is Ella tap dancing:



And here is Livi tap dancing:


Here is Livi (In the mirror) copying what she had seen the big girls do:


Here is part of Ella's big ballet dance they are doing for the recital in June, and Livi doing her own interpretive dance on the sidelines (when she's not directly in front of the camera you can see her in the mirror):


I don't know who I feel sorrier for, for the future. Ella, who will always have a charming, blond, angelic sister (not that I have any experience with that:) ) right on her heels wanting to do everything she does; or Livi having the beautiful, elegant, older sister who is competent at everything she does. Or me, who is going to have to be beating off boys with a stick.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, yes, I was quite angelic as a child. Too bad all of our home movies show me screaming, throwing tantrums, and basically being a brat. They must have caught me at JUST the wrong moment every time! You truly were the elegant, beautiful older one, though.

Your kids are SO adorable! Ella is an amazing dancer, and Livi is cuter than . . . something really, really cute. My brain's not working right now, sorry.

Sharonbees said...

Livi's already got more moves than some of the dancers in the class. I love how elegant Ella is!