Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Baby is 1

I can't believe it has been a year since my beautiful Livi came into our home. This year has flown by and I am so sad that time is going this quickly. Olivia, of course, had no idea what was going on today, but it was pure joy on her face to be able to rip paper and I didn't scold her, I even encouraged her.
She was very good at ripping all the paper off, much to the chagrin of her two big helpers who were dying to open the gifts. I had to remind them earlier today that they would have 2 Christmas celebrations coming up and that this day was about Livi (both had complained that they didn't get any presents).
We had the Bagleys over for cake, sweet rolls and icecream. I was about to break off pieces of cake for Livi when I got distracted (as I so often do these days). When I turned back around she had managed to stuff most of the cake in her face. She seemed pretty relaxed through it all. Thank goodness we have the Bagleys here. It would have made for a very lonely 1st birthday if we didn't have them as surrogate extended family. Livi kept begging Melissa to pick her up and even went and stayed sitting in Melissa's lap for a quite a while (which she rarely does with me). Having them over seemed to be the highlight of her day. Carter even got in the birthday spirit and offered Olivia one of his socks.And for all grandparents who we missed terribly, here is the big moment:

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Livy! Looks like she had a great day.