Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh the Pains of Sisterhood

Poor Ella. She is so patient and loving. She has the most beautiful, long, hair, and Livi loves it. Loves to pull it, actually. She pulled a huge chunk of hair out of Ella's head, and had to go to time out for the first time. It doesn't seem to matter, though, she keeps trying to pull out Ella's hair. Ella's has never gotten mad AT her, never looks like she's going to do something back, she just sits there and quietly cries. We've had to start putting Ella's hair in buns and ponytails all the time just to keep her scalp intact.
It reminds me of sharing a bed with Julia. We shared a double bed and she would turn sideways and take up 90% of the bed. I would lay on a 6 inch sliver of bed while her feet kicked and pushed me all night long. I don't think I took it as patiently as Ella does, but I certainly know the pains of being a big sister. (I love you Julia)

No comments: