Saturday, October 31, 2009

This is Halloween, Halloween Night

Finally, after all the planning, sewing, buying, decorating, and stressing, it is Halloween. After all the canceled parties we decided to take the kids trick-or-treating on Broadway during the afternoon, then head over to the ward party. At the ward party Eric entered some Chili in a cook off, and his was very good, as usual. They also had costume competitions, which I think should never be done at church. How do you tell one kid their costume is better? It's not like the kids made/bought the costumes. Ella cried when she didn't win, and I felt so guilty. Here I had spent about 15 hours on her costume, and it wasn't good enough. (Yes, that is a house on my head) Sorry, I'll stop rambling. So after trunk-or-treating at the church we headed out with the Bagleys to do some tick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Ethan is Treeko, a pokemon, Eric is a pokemon trainer named Brock, Ella is Glinda the good witch, Maddi is Silvermist from the Tinkerbell movie, Carter (held by Melissa) is Tiger, I am the Wicked Witch of the West, and Caleb is a pirate. It was fun to have friends to go door to door with. I think the kids had fun having people to run up to the doors with, and I had fun having other adults to talk to. All in all it was an awesome day, but I am VERY happy not to have to do anything else Halloween related for another 11 months.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Halloween night.