Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oh Canada, pt 1

I know I have said it several times, but "I Love Canada". There is just something about Waterton that lets me finally completely relax. It is the one place in the world I can feel my mind settle down and my anxiety just melts off.

This year started out as awesome as usual. We had some AMAZING adventures...dum duh duh da (suppose to be exciting music, not saying you are dumb).

First off Ethan and Ella were able to take control of Grandpa's Banana Boat (for a very short, and terrifying time). Ethan loved it so much we were able to get a rare picture : Ethan smiling!

Speaking of rare and undocumented, I give you, never before seen in captivity or the wild: Dad in shorts!!!

The park was just full of water after the very wet winter and spring. Waterfalls were more like water-thrown-over-with-great-forces. My newest bro-in-law, McKay, surrounded by millions of gallons of water and his fan club.

Our group with Cameron (Torrential) Falls behind us. I like how the two son-in-laws were too cool for the picture.

On one of the first days in the park we went hiking up to Bertha Falls which is normally a very relaxing and serene hike. This time we took someone with us who was such a crazy hiker he would run ahead of us, see we were lagging behind, run back to us and urge us on. He was a true taskmaster. I have never been on a hike with someone with that much enthusiasm and zest for hiking. He is Ben, my second cousin, and... he is 4 years old (he is the cutey in the white shirt in the front)!


On our hike to Bertha Falls Livi heard something in the bushes and did the only thing an intelligent and safety conscious 2 year old can do... she poked at it with a stick.


I also threw caution to the wind and let Livi take short rides on the scooters with Eric. She held on really well and I'm sure in years to come we will be at her mercy taking rides constantly to throw rocks at the lake, or go get ice cream, or just check out the perimeter of the cabin.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm happy you are able to enjoy that wonderful place! Can't wait for part 2.

Emily said...

It's so fun to see pictures of your family. It's the kids that amaze me the most. What a cute family you have!!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful. I can see how it would help one to relax.

Heather said...

I've never seen your dad; let alone in shorts. I feel very excited to be a part of something so rare. Thanks for sharing! :)