Friday, August 19, 2011

Oh Canada, Pt 3

On a totally random note: I want to hide in a hole. In a text our sweet Bishop's wife offered to teach my Sunday School class so I wouldn't have to go to church tomorrow, I declined (also in a text). She texted back "ok" and then like the socially defunct person I am I texted back "Thank you so much!" Right as I pushed the send button I cringed, realizing how weird a response that was. I could just picture her looking at the text and wondering "wait, so am I teaching her class?"

It makes me wonder if there is someway to use my lack of grasp of the English language (that was a pretty good example right there) to my advantage. Maybe I need my friend Melissa to watch our dog. I just text her "Thanks so much for watching Tonks, you are a life saver!" She reads that and thinks maybe she already agreed and just forgot. Bang, I now feel like I don't need to hang my head in shame, and found a babysitter for Tonks!

On to Canada:
This year the kids made lots of friends, and by "made" I mean they played with people they have met before but didn't remember. Livi found a great friend in my second cousin, Lucy. Lucy is a little older, but since Livi is so tall and talks so well, it didn't seem to matter. Lucy would come over and the two little blond "angels" (used VERY loosely) would play and play, and argue, and then play and play some more.
Between Aspen Grove and Canada we got to spend lots of time with the kids' only cousins, Ebby and Autumn. By the end we had some great, almost iconic moments, like the kids eating icecream on some random wooden steps together, Autumn wanted some too, and we had some less great moments such as Livi screaming bloody murder, me brushing it off, and then an hour later finding a PERFECT bite mark on her arm. I was impressed not only with Ebby's powerful jaw, but the fact that Livi sat there and let it get to that point. It was so perfect and pronounced I think I could have had Alan make a dental impression of Ebby's mouth with it.

Another important friend was Bailey. Bailey is James and Jes' tiny little porkie (Pomeranian/Yorkie) dog. She is probably the biggest reason we ended up with Tonks. She is small, sweet, cuddly and took a real shine to Ella. She thought she was a great guard dog and would "protect us" from the scheming shifty-eyed ground squirrels, and the scary middle-aged vacationers that would pass us on the trails. To her credit, I was never attacked by anyone wearing khaki shorts and a button up shirt (or a squirrel for that matter).

1 comment:

Julia said...

Are you sick, or was the bishop's wife trying to keep you from church for some reason? Also, I find it hilarious that Livi is smiling while showing off her bite mark.