Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tonks

Well, we got a puppy. I've only had two full blown panic attacks, and so far she's been a doll. To answer a few questions her name is "Tonks" (from Harry Potter, a big thanks to James and Jes for the idea), she was GREAT on the ride home, not crying or barking at all, and she is a schnorkie which is part miniature schnauzer, part yorkie.

We picked this breed on purpose because we needed: something small so Ethan could deal with it (yorkie); something pretty sturdy (schnauzer); something good with kids and traveling (schnauzer); something that didn't shed because of allergies (yorkie and schnauzer); and something adorable so Eric would say yes (yorkie).

She is a tiny little ball of fur that reminds me of a teddy bear. She already has decided that Eric is Alpha Dog and loves him best. She will cuddle next to me, but if she can she prefers to be on Eric. Or my freshly clean laundry I am trying to fold.

Ella is obsessed with her and every chance she gets she picks Tonks up and either carries her like a baby, or in her bed like a floating carpet ride. I'm not quiet sure Tonks likes it as much, but she is very patient and good with all the kids.

If you listen to my voice you can tell I'm a little out of it. I guess it was good I wasn't in my right head. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten a dog and we would have missed out on this cuteness.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Oh my freak, she is so adorable! She seems really chill, too, which is awesome. Glad the trip home wasn't bad!

Anonymous said...

Tonks is too cute for words! I love the picture where he is snuggling with Eric--pals :)

Michelle said...

I figured with all that campaigning that Eric would have to give in. Congrats! She is adorable!