Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Don't Know If I Should Laugh Or Throw Up

Livi has had a ... "remark"able day. She has kept me laughing, wanting to cry, and wanting to throw up (amazingly all at the same time). It's interesting all the emotions having a two year old can provoke.

While I was paying bills Livi found an engagement photo of me and Eric.
She brought it over and asked "Who it is?"
I barely looked up and answered "Oh, it's me and Dad."
Livi seemed to think I didn't look at it correctly so she shoved it under my nose "WHO IT IS?"
I pretended to study the photo and answered "It is me and Daddy."
She looked at it "Na uh."
Me: "I assure you that is me and Dad."
Livi: "No, she pretty."

Tonks is a pretty small dog. She is only about a foot long and 3 lbs in weight. Livi seems to think that because Tonks is so small that means that she, Livi, should be able to carry her around. This morning she picked her up and was carrying her around the kitchen.
Me: "Livi, I don't think Tonks likes that very much."
Livi: "Yeah, she do!"
You can decide:"Please help me."

The piece-de-resistance happened while sitting on the couch right after breakfast. I was looking up shoes on my ipad (of course) and Livi said "Mom, it for you." I absent-mindedly said "oh." Livi grabbed my hand and said "Here take it." I asked "What is it?" As her little hand went into mine she said "It's a booger."
Thanks Livi

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hahaha! Livi reminds me of me so much at that age, it's scary. Insensitive comments (you're still gorgeous, little kids just don't see their parents that way), loving animals more than they love you, and . . . well, I don't know if I ever handed Mom a booger. But I wouldn't be TOO surprised. I mean, what would I want with it?

Joan said...

Those stories are hilarious. I am still laughing. Sweet, sweet Livi. I want to give her a hug.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I think I'd have to throw up (booger). I must not be a mother yet.